cooked meals? Any bet: even if you don’t know what this term means, you have certainly eaten it. Because behind this English word creation (convenience = convenience, food = food) skin pre-treated by the food industry Groceries. This is particularly convenient for consumers because manufacturers relieve them of some or all of the necessary work steps, which speeds up preparation.
The term ready meals includes pre-processed foods Food and meal components as well as complete ready meals – such as prepared vegetables or salads, instant soups, ready-made sauces, frozen pizzas or fries, fish sticks, complete microwave meals, etc. According to the manufacturers, convenience products are essentially classified into different categories according to the degree of their processing:
- Ready to cook: Foods that need to be prepared before cooking (e.g. vegetables, fruits, cut meat)
- ready to cook: Foods that just need to be cooked (e.g. vegetables, marinated meat)
- Ready to Brew/Blend: Foods that can only be infused with hot water or milk (e.g. mashed potatoes, pouch soups)
- Ready to prepare: Foods that are prepared and cooked and only need to be reheated or mixed (for example, canned foods such as canned ravioli, frozen ready meals, microwave menus)
- Ready to eat: Foods that can be eaten immediately (for example, fruit yogurt, baked goods, canned fish, ice cream)