Financial aid for heating costs: millions of Germans are entitled to it – without even knowing it

If you are having difficulty paying your additional heating costs, you can write to Pôle Emploi to ask for the costs to be covered. The social assistance office is the preferred contact for retirees.

If possible, you should attach the following to the application:

  • Copies of your identity card and confirmation of registration
  • Copies of your health insurance card and your social security card
  • Copies of your rental contract and a certificate from your landlord
  • Copies of your charge statement, annual consumption statement or fuel bill
  • Copies of an employer certificate and bank statements for the last 3 months.

The consumer advice center reminds that the request must be submitted upon receipt of the invoice. “If you are no longer able to work or have reached retirement age, the application must be submitted to the social welfare office within the same month. If you are able to work, it must be submitted before the end of the 3rd month after the invoice is due. Otherwise, you may lose your right of repossession.”

Source link